Playful

Friday, May 18, 2012

Cork board frame-Easy 5 minute project

   Today I am going to share with you an easy and fast project to help you deal with this.


     Besides the chick, that artwork was all 2-3 days work (probably less) and that's after getting rid of a few pages. C loves painting, coloring, playing with stickers, and crafting.

     A couple months ago, I purchased two frames from Target that open easily and display artwork.  The problems are one of them is still not hung and I don't find it as easy access to change out when it's on the wall. I have to take it off the wall and open it up and then adjust the new piece of art to look nice. It's great for something special that your child made that you want hung up for awhile, but not for something that you want to change out on a daily or weekly basis in my opinion.

     I have looked around for other ideas of displaying art. I created a large frame of artwork (here), it is more of a permanent piece. I want something in the kitchen that can be changed frequently and with about the same effort as hanging art on the fridge.  Kids love seeing their art they created displayed.

     I love the look of having artwork in a frame, but not the amount of effort it takes to change it out on a daily basis so I decided to create a cork board frame that looks nice and is easy to display artwork. 


So simple!



Materials you will need

  • Frame
  • Mat
  • artwork
  • corkboard



1. Gather your materials


2. Remove the back of the frame and the glass


3. Lay the mat on the back of the frame


4. Lay the cork on top of the frame


5. Lay the backing over the cork board and seal shut


Step back and admire your work! That's it!


I love how quick and it easy it was do!




   I am so happy with the way it turned out!  It was so easy to make.  I love that I can prop the frame on an easel or hang it on a wall. I hope you make one! I gotta go...off to make another one!

*You can see how we made the flower art here.


Thanks for stopping by!

Shawna


1 comment: