Playful

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Remembering quotes through child's artwork

     When C says something cute I think I need to go write that in her baby book or scrapbook, but life happens and I hardly get to do that.   I am trying to find ways to remember funny or cute things C says.  I am always looking for different ways to display her art.  Then I remembered this and it hit me, I can use her artwork to record funny or cute things she says.  Two for the price of one.  Love it!
  
     Recently, when something is funny instead of her laughing she says "That's too funny."  I think it is hilarious and want to remember it.   When she is driving  me crazy, I can walk by it and stop and smile.  Trust me it works!  The other night she was procrastinating at bedtime.  My husband was working late and I was ready for her to go to bed.  She was too tired and crabby.  I was starting to get frustrated and then I looked up and saw the frame and smiled, took in a deep breath, and pulled it together to put her to bed. 
Here's how you make one
    
     I have stencils, but they were too big for the 8x 11 frame I planned on using so I free handed the letters.  It took about 15 minutes to make letters and cut them out. 

Then, I laid the stencils on the artwork and traced them.

   Next I glued the letters to the paper using mod podge.  On the bottom right corner, I wrote her name and age so I would remember how old she was when she created the art and said the quote.


     I used white construction paper cut to fit the frame.  

    Next, I put the paper into the frame and ta da!  That's all.  It's simple and easy.  You have a one of a kind custom piece of art.  C and I love it!  She is so proud to see her artwork hanging on the wall.



I plan on recording her quotes this way and displaying them at her Birthday each year.   Her quotes might come back to haunt her at her high school graduation.


Thanks for stopping by!

Shawna



I'm linking to
young and crafty
Keeping it Simple
Craftomaniac
C.R.A.F.T
The Southern Institute
someday crafts
House of Hepworths
Christina's Adventures
Gluesticks
Two Sasters

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love this, such a great idea. I hope you'll stop by and add this and any other posts you're proud of to my Wednesday What We Wore and Made Link party

    marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea! I'm hopeless at tossing my kids' artwork, but this way you get to save some of it, and it's not just stuffed in a drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up to last weeks party! I have another one up and running today. Looking forward to seeing what you have to share.

    http://lovingthiscrazylife-melissa.blogspot.com/2012/05/welcome-to-katie-from-quality-cheap.html

    Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this idea!!! Thanks so much for sharing at Two Sasters!!

    ReplyDelete