Playful

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Spring Wreath

      Last year I decided to make a rosette spring wreath.   After hanging on the door for a month it split in 2 pieces.  I was set to find a new wreath.  After spending the last year looking at stores for wreaths, I decided to make one.  I couldn't convince myself to spend $30-$40 on a wreath.

    I went into my craft closet and found a grapevine wreath I bought about year ago and was waiting until I got inspired to do something with it.  I grabbed felt (I had leftover from a Christmas tree I made in December), hot glue, wooden letter k, and jute.   Best of all I had everything I needed! 



Want to make one?  Here's how:

Materials:  a grapevine wreath, felt, scissors, hot glue, a letter, and jute
1.  I made the flowers using rolled felt flower tutorial tutorial.  It was so easy!  Literally it takes seconds to make.  I made 6 flowers. 
2.  I wrapped jute around the letter k.  After every couple wraps I would hot glue the jute onto the k.
3.  I laid out the letter and the flowers on the wreath until I liked where they were. 
4.  When I was happy with the placement I attached the flowers and letters with hot glue.
5.  Stand back and enjoy your masterpiece.









I love my wreath!  It was so simple, cheap, and easy to make.  It took me less than 30 minutes!  That is my favorite kind of project.

  

I'm linking to
i heart naptime
nifty thrifty things

No comments:

Post a Comment