Playful

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Here comes Peter cotton tail...

Easter is coming and I wanted to do a bunny craft with the children.  Over the past two weeks I have been singing Easter songs to the children and reading a couple of Easter books.  They cannot seem to get enough.  Today we made a bunny using a paper plate. 

Here is what you need:  a paper plate, 2 white bunny ears, 2 smaller pink bunny ears, 2 eyes, 2 ipe cleaners, pink pom, and construction paper

First get your materials all ready


Second, glue the pink ears onto the white ears




Third, Attach the bunny ears to the top of the plate

Fourth, have the children make 2 dots towards the top of the plate and put the eyes on the bunny

Fifth, I had to do this step with a glue gun because we tried normal glue and it was not sticking. (You could use a pink bunny nose made from construction paper or a cotton ball dyed to pink and whiskers made from paper as well to make it completely kid-friendly.  I would have done it this way if I would've known in advance that the pom pom and pipe cleaners were not going to stay on.  However, I love how they turned out.




Sixth, if you want you, can make a bow and glue it on the bunny ears.  The children were able to review their colors when they were selecting what color of bow they wanted.  You could also place the bow at the bottom of the plate for a bow tie for a boy bunny.







I love how the bunnies turned out!!!  After we finished, we practiced sorting Easter eggs by color into muffin tins and went on an egg hunt. 


Here is the song that they love!!!  I sing this constantly!!!  They are constantly asking me, "Will you sing the bunny song?"

I sing the chorus and then I use the children's names and what they might like in the verses.

Here comes peter cottontail
Hopping down the bunny trail
Hippity, Hoppity, Easters on it's way

He's got Princesses for C Bear
and jelly beans for K
and a baby doll for Tia
and a blanket for Emmaline

Here comes peter cottontail
Hopping down the bunny trail
Hippity, Hoppity, Easters on it's way

Please note: The names are fake to protect the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment