Playful

Friday, June 1, 2012

Memorial Day Vacation Weekend

   Over Memorial Day weekend, we went to Chicago.  It was C's first time traveling and it was a success!  She was amazing!  We brought a stroller that we checked in at the gate and it was so helpful.  I  contemplated whether or not to lug it around, but it was worth it!  I didn't have to worry about her running off.
.
   We  flew over her nap time which was scary (she is not the type of kid to fall asleep on our lap), but she was so excited to go on a plane.  It was a short flight (1 hour and 4 minutes) in the air and she handled it well.

     I made a traveling activity organizer that she giggled at when she saw and it provided several minutes of entertainment.  This was perfect for keeping her happy when we couldn't have electronics on.   I also brought it with us when we went to  restaurants which provided her with plenty of things to do while waiting for her food.  A tutorial is coming on the organizer soon!

     I downloaded some new apps on my nook right before we left for the airport so she had new games to play that she hadn't seen before.  This kept her busy when she wasn't playing with the organizer.  I loved that just a couple of items were all we needed to keep her happy and content in the airport and on the plane.

   Here are some of the pictures from our trip.





















It was C's first time eating pizza since she's been dairy and wheat free.  I was worried she wouldn't like pizza without cheese, but boy was I wrong!  We went to a restaurant that served gluten free crust and then we asked for no cheese.  She ate 4 pieces at the restaurant!  And then ate another piece that night for dinner.  I'd say she loved it!



Love, love, love this pic!!!



Riding the Carousel



I have never seen a pig that big before!





Claire followed this rooster around and kept saying "Cock-a-doodle-doo."





     We had a great time visiting our friends in Chicago!  We cannot wait to go back.  They were such great hosts.

Thanks for stopping by!

Shawna

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment