Playful

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Letter fun with silverware

   The other day while C was eating lunch she said, "Look mommy, I made the letter T."


 She had made the letter with her silverware.    She was so proud.

Next, she wanted to make the letter X


After trying to make an X from memory, she asked me to make an x with my silverware so I did.


Then she wanted to make a letter A.

She realizes here that she will need another piece of silverware so she asked me for one and I got it for her.


She's so proud of her letter A!

Then she made a Y.




 Next up, an H.

I love watching her learn and watching her impress herself.  Her imagination and creativity amaze me everyday.   This activity is great for motor skills and letter formation.  Although she cannot write letters yet, it is nice to know that she knows what they look like and can form most of them from memory.  This is an excellent pre-writing activity.  

Thanks for stopping by!
Shawna

1 comment:

  1. Children are so creative themselves, that sometimes we should sit back and enjoy as they create and explore. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete